Saturday, January 2, 2010

cupcakes

Hey, welcome to my own personal blog. You should know that this isn't my first attempt on keeping a blog, I'm just very bad at it. Ah well, let's hope that it goes better this time.

Today, I'd like to share something sweet I made...cupcakes!


This is my first attempt at making these, I just followed a simple recipe (which I will include below) and added some food colouring. The original idea was to make a few blue ones too, but mixing the blue colour with yellow dough resulted in green cupcakes, and I couldn't find a way around that. Next, I added some butter cream topping (which is really delicious too) to make it look a bit more special.


Hehe, ok maybe I ate a few in the process. They were really good.

More cupcakes...chocolate and green ones



In the end, my family got a bit sick and tired of eating cupcakes so I had to quit making them. Ok, maybe they never really were enthusiast about it anyway, guess no one wants green cupcakes, they do look a bit poisonous.

Now for the cupcake recipe!

ingredients
125 g self-raising flour
125 g sugar
100 g butter
2 eggs
30 ml milk
vanilla sugar

preparation
1. preheat the oven on 180°C
2. melt the butter in the microwave
3. mix all the ingredients
4. put cupcake liners in a muffin tin
5. divide the dough over the cups
6. bake in the oven for 25 min

hint: add more milk to make the cupcakes lighter

No comments:

Post a Comment